PGNiG Upstream Norway acquires shares in Storklakken

Acquiring assets on the Norwegian market is a natural investment route for the PGNiG Group. Former PGNiG Upstream International, i.e. PGNiG Upstream Norway, a subsidiary of PGNiG SA, acquired shares in the recently discovered Storklakken oil field. The transaction is to allow for an increase in extraction of hydrocarbons outside Poland.

 

Piotr Woźniak, the President of PGNiG SA’s Mangement Board, stresses that he is happy to broaden cooperation with Aker BP, from whom PGNiG Upstream Noway acquired the shares. He describes the step as another proof of engagement in increasing production in Norway. He is also convinced that thanks to Aker BP’s competence in timely execution of projects, the investment made by the PGNiG’s subsidiary will soon be recouped.

 

PGNiG Upstream International became the owner of 35% of shares in PL460 licence in the North Sea (the remaining 65% is held by Aker BP). The licence includes Storklakken oil field, which was discovered by Aker BP seven years ago. The launch of production is forecast for 2020.

 

The interest in Norwegian Continental Shelf can be explained with high level of return with relatively low risk. Current and future investments in the region are to constitute a basis for future supplies of gas to Poland. In the next five years, Norway, Denmark and Poland are going to build a system of gas pipelines guaranteeing access to the gas market in Central Europe.

 

PGNiG started its Norwegian operations in 2007, when the company acquired shares in Skarv oil field. Currently, it owns 19 licences on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (that does not include Storklakken, as the transaction has not been made yet).

 

The projected volume of production for 2017 from Norwegian oil fields is around 571 thousand tons of crude oil equivalent and 0.5 billion m3 of natural gas.

 

 

 



Contact info

Poland Zalewski Consulting addressesAddresses:

Warsaw office:

Filip Roger Zalewski
Poland Zalewski Consulting
warsaw@zalewskiconsulting.pl
Cafelco Consulting Poland Sp. z o.o.
ul. Modlińska 129 / U10
03-186 Warsaw
Poland

Accounting department:

Dorota Ostafińska
Poland Zalewski Consulting
accounting@zalewskiconsulting.pl
Cafelco Consulting Poland Sp. z o.o.
ul. Torfowa 2
30-384 Cracow
Poland
Cracow office:

Bob Zalewski
Poland Zalewski Consulting
cracow@zalewskiconsulting.pl
Cafelco Consulting Poland Sp. z o.o.
ul. Zawiła 56
30-390 Cracow
Poland
Poland Zalewski Consulting telephone T: +48 222 90 10 90
F: +48 222 90 10 90, ext. 4

Poland Zalewski Consulting emailinfo@zalewskiconsulting.pl

Poland Zalewski Consulting websitewww.zalewskiconsulting.pl

Chat on Skype

Poland Zalewski Consulting LinkedIn google+